Electric Vehicle Frequently Asked Questions
Which BMW Models are Fully Electric?
How Long Does It Take to Charge an Electric BMW?
When using either an at-home or public Level 2 charger, you can regain up to 30 miles of range per one hour of charging. If you’re using a DC fast charger, you can replenish up to 108 miles of range in just 10 minutes of charging. You can also reclaim up to 4 miles of range per every hour of charging when you plug your BMW EV into any common outlet. These convenient EV charging options make it easy to keep your electric BMW powered up.
Does it Cost More to Service an EV?
No, it doesn’t cost more to service an EV vs. gas-powered vehicle — in fact, many drivers save on maintenance after making the switch to an electric car. That’s because electric vehicles have fewer fluids and moving parts than traditional gas vehicles, so they won’t need oil changes and other types of service.
What are the Benefits of Electric Vehicles?
You’d be amazed at the plethora of benefits of electric vehicles, and choosing an EV could benefit your Everett lifestyle. When you purchase or lease a new EV, you’re getting a car that’s packed full of the latest and best-in-class technology and safety features. Additional benefits of electric cars include:
- Zero Emissions: There are plenty of environmental benefits of electric cars, and one is having close to zero tailpipe emissions. Since most electric vehicles don’t have an exhaust system, exhaust emissions are not a byproduct of the car running.
- Renewable Energy: Another environmental benefit of electric cars is using renewable energy. Because they’re powered by electricity, they can take advantage of renewable resources like solar, wind, or even water.
- Reduced Maintenance: Full EVs don’t require engine oil, which means no more oil changes.
- Quieter Drive: You’ll enjoy a serene ride as most electric cars don’t have engine noise, which means less commotion in the interior cabin.
- Performance: BMW drivers will enjoy an unbeatable performance in their new or pre-owned electric car as the electric motors can produce near-instantaneous torque for incredible acceleration.
What to do Before Buying an EV?
- Prepare Your Garage: While there are a growing number of public charging stations in Central Ohio, your at-home charging station will be your primary way of charging. Be sure to research your options for at-home charging for Level 2 charging setups. Then, have your at-home charging system installed.
- Find Local Charging Stations: Knowing where your local charging stations are located will help if you’re in a bind or long-distance traveling.